The Episcopal Tradition at Trinity
At Trinity Episcopal School, we stress the importance of incorporating one’s beliefs into his or her day-to-day actions and choices. As an Episcopal School, we proudly uphold a tradition that welcomes and values students from a wide range of faith traditions. We believe that our school community and each individual’s faith is strengthened by learning from a spiritually diverse student body.
Each school day begins with a morning Chapel service for First through Eighth Grade students, and once a week for our youngest students. Chapel provides a time to come together to sing, pray, and reflect on how God is working within our school, community, and throughout the world. Led by our School Chaplain, services often feature other speakers including our Head of School, Trinity students, and invited guests who add additional viewpoints and perspectives on faith and life. Chapel also serves as the focal point for our communal life, featuring traditional school ceremonies and student performances that connect our present with Trinity’s rich history.
Episcopal Schools Possess a Unique Freedom ...
Not Freedom From, but Freedom For.
- We are free to ask questions, to explore, to use our minds.
- We are free to pray, to express the spiritual dimensions of being human.
- We are free to talk about God and to learn about all religions.
- We are free to gather, be it in Chapel on a regular basis, at the flag ceremony each morning, or when we come together because a the community experiences a crisis or loss.
- We are free to welcome a wide diverse group of people to our community.
- We are free to serve the community in ways large or small by virtue of our grounding in the Christian tradition and its strong commitment to service.
- We are free to view our students not just as doers, achievers, performers, but as children of God, possessing innate value and worth.
- We are free to think, to love, and to grow.
The Rev. Daniel R. Heischman, D.D.
Executive Director, National Association of Episcopal Schools
Special Chapel Services at Trinity